This workshop is full with a waiting list. To be added to the waiting list, please contact Mila at: email@example.com
“Once upon a time, when women were birds, there was the simple understanding that to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk was to heal the world through joy. The birds remember what we have forgotten, that the world is meant to be celebrated.” ~ Terry Tempest Williams
If your voice could tell its story, what would it say? When did your voice feel most alive? Most shut down? Most empowered? Most vulnerable? How does your voice make you feel today?
As Women, our voices have often been silenced or repressed through experiences of cultural conditioning, personal or collective traumas, and gender norms that place less importance on the voices of women. Worldwide, we are seeing women rise up to reclaim their voices – speaking up, singing out, and coming together to create positive change.
In this workshop, Mila creates a safe, fun, and supportive space to playfully explore the unclaimed territories of your Voice. Using the Five Elements framework designed by Barbara McAfee, we will journey into the full spectrum of the Voice using the elements of Earth, Fire, Water, Metal, and Air. Together, we’ll use group-singing practices and playful exploration to connect more fully with our authentic voice as Women, and ultimately to our full aliveness.
In this workshop, you will…
- Discover a broader range, spectrum, and aliveness in your speaking and singing voice
- Explore themes of identity, power, visibility, vulnerability, and joy through the lens of voice
- Build confidence in your voice in a safe, welcoming, and supportive space
- Learn joyful, diverse, easy-to-memorize songs that you can take home and weave into your daily life
- Exercise your body and mind through the practice of oral-tradition group singing
- Release the stress of your busy life and work week
- Connect with a community of women who support and celebrate your gifts
- Nourish yourself, and fill up the reservoir that feeds you
While we use singing as a tool, this work encompasses all of the ways you express through your voice – singing, speaking, sound. It’s not about honing a technical skill or even about sounding “good”. It’s about discovering more of your full self through your voice, and opening pathways to greater expression in life. The voice is the muscle of the soul. We were born to sing, it is our birthright.
This retreat is for Women and female-identified persons. Space is limited to 15 participants. It will be a communal experience, and no woman will be asked to speak or sing on her own. Bring a water bottle, a journal, and a pen or pencil. All voices are welcome, and no singing experience is required.